Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working as a welding machine repair specialized technician in the US ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGAmodzX

Hello everybody.

I wonder what could be the advantage of spending say like 1 year working as a welding machine repair technician in the US conpared to my country Morocco ?

I have been in this field since my graduation in summer 2014. Basically freelancing in the first years .And now i am working in a little work bench.

I have never been an official employee in a company. So it would be a nice idea to visit the countrie and aquire some proffessional experience.

I have 2 welders at home and we had 3 welders at work they never need very much work. When my wire welder runs out of wire I put on a new roll of wire. The welders at word never need much work either but when they do we call the welding supply store where we bought the welder. Tell them the problem they tell you over the phone what it needs to fix it. Wire welder needs new tips & new wire sometimes and the heli arc welder needs to tips & tunston rods sometimes. Your best chance for a job is to work for a welding shop people that don't know how to fix anything take there welder there to get it fixed or the technicial at the welding shop goes to their, house, shop, factory, etc. to fix the welder on site.

Hello everybody.

I wonder what could be the advantage of spending say like 1 year working as a welding machine repair technician in the US conpared to my country Morocco ?

I have been in this field since my graduation in summer 2014. Basically freelancing in the first years .And now i am working in a little work bench.

I have never been an official employee in a company. So it would be a nice idea to visit the countrie and aquire some proffessional experience.

Search indeed.com for welding machine repair technician....
Or use google.

Here, flex-n-gate, a global automotive parts supplier is looking for a technician. Many other openings exist.

You'll have to find an employer willing to sponsor your work visa.

The wages will probably be higher, which also means the level of repair will be lower, ie a machine will just be scrapped if the cost of repair is high.
My last job I was a controls technician at a engineering plant that had several welding bays, we were expected to repair weld sets as well as everything else, it was a pain as everything was underfunded, sets were cannibalized rather than have new parts fitted.

The wages will probably be higher, which also means the level of repair will be lower, ie a machine will just be scrapped if the cost of repair is high.
My last job I was a controls technician at a engineering plant that had several welding bays, we were expected to repair weld sets as well as everything else, it was a pain as everything was underfunded, sets were cannibalized rather than have new parts fitted.
I think the US is a different reality. Nothing like i would expect.

Here where i live there is many small repair plants . i just havent experienced working with them for a notable periode of time. But the problem is the low salary around 250 $/month at best for the first 3 years.

trying to find a good startup

I think the US is a different reality. Nothing like i would expect.

What would your expectations be? Most industrial plants use in house technitions to repair things after warranty is over. And most hobbyists don't buy welders that are high enough in value to get them repaired, the throw away economy of today. Plus the stores that sell the high price welders won't even try or take in machines that they don't sell.

Just keep in mind that a quadruple+ income also comes with quadruple+ costs of housing, living, business front... If you get a work visa and something to repair in the land of dispose and buy new... plus the surprises as you cannot buy the spare parts to repair anything if you are not an authorized service center for the brand...

Just keep in mind that a quadruple+ income also comes with quadruple+ costs of housing, living, business front...

ALWAYS, keep that in mind, no matter where in the world you go to. When calling Tahiti with our vessel for bunkering, I heard of some incredibly high salaries for the local people. Then I learnt how much everything costed...

That's why seamen from different countries have so much differentiated salaries.

Maybe, besides salaries, you should find out what future is there for you. As in any job, anywhere...

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that a quadruple+ income also comes with quadruple+ costs of housing, living, business front... If you get a work visa and something to repair in the land of dispose and buy new... plus the surprises as you cannot buy the spare parts to repair anything if you are not an authorized service center for the brand...
So you think that my job is mostly suited for a third world country like morocco.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back