Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

With limited time, what ways to increase qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sram

Many people would like to continue their studies, but limited time is a big barrier. Work, Family,...etc. What should one do if he is willing to increase his qualicfications, while not committing to attend classes, courses,...etc?

Here are some ideas:

One can read topics of interest in his free time to prepare for passing a test which will grant him a certificate in some area, and when he feels he is ready, he goes take the test. Examples: ICDL/ECDL, A+, MCSE, Network +, CCNA...........................etc. Timing is up to you here.

Some websites offer courses you can take, and then pass some tests and be certified in that specific course area.

What else?

Is there anything like obtaining an academy degree online??? For example, you have a bachelor degree, and you want a master's degree, but you have no time. Can you obtain your master's online even with an extended period of time.

Your thoughts!

In the UK you can do course with the OpenUniversity

It is a fully accredited degree and they do a range of courses that you do from home (with the odd lecure maybe)

All work is coursework and it is done over 4years for a Bacherlors (not 3years)

It is ideal for ppl in full-time employement

I am very good with computers, but if where I work goes tits up my qualifications and experience limits me to the field I work in. I am concidering doing an OU course in computing just to get the certificate, then I can use IT as a gap-filler IF I need to (will never leave hardware :D)

Just a though. YOu dont say where you are from but where you are there may be an equilelent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back