Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring trip beams to door bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you do this?

Hello I am having an issue, I have a trip beam that I hooked up in front of my 150 ft drive way to announce when a vehicle is coming in to the drive way hooked up to the normally open and common contacts from the trip beam. My problem is that thedoor chime goes ding! does anyone have input on a device other that a siren that could annunciate when my trip beams go into alarm. Does anyone know if there a chime of a door bell that could full length when my alarm contact latches. Please help your input will be greatly appreciated. -Sergio former fire alarm inspector

Last edited:
Priskilla14 , two things:

#1: Please do not use text speak here. Type out full words and sentences, otherwise it makes it difficult to read and may make it hard to understand for our international members.

#2: Please watch your language. Cussing, swearing, or abbreviations of either are not allowed here.

Regards,
Matt

Why would you do this?

Morning Inq,
I was puzzled why you asked the OP this question.?:)

In common usage for security work the word 'trip' means to trigger an alarm if a beam or any other detection circuit is broken/tripped.?
Its not to be taken literally as wanting to trip someone up and make them fall over.

Eric

It was done to extract more information. As the original post left out too much detail. Was going to answer "Well it has crossed my mind, but would have caused havoc when using the restroom in the middle of the night."

Need opinion on wiring up trip beams to a door bell inside house
I live out side of town. I want to know if someone drives to my house. I connected a light beam across the road to detect a car in front of the house. A car makes a very short "ding" of the door bell. Then 30 seconds later a person will ring the bell.

My problem is:
1) In very bright sunlight the project does not work.
2) At night it works too well when a deer or elk walk through the yard.

I live out side of town. I want to know if someone drives to my house. I connected a light beam across the road to detect a car in front of the house. A car makes a very short "ding" of the door bell. Then 30 seconds later a person will ring the bell.

My problem is:
1) In very bright sunlight the project does not work.
2) At night it works too well when a deer or elk walk through the yard.

How on earth did you get that from his post? :eek:

Need opinion on wiring up trip beams to a door bell inside house
My Chinese manual calls the light beam a "break beam trip alarm". And it is wired up to my door bell.
Sorry I was on the wrong subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back