Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring stereo jack input - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaty40

Hi,

When wiring a stereo jack socket should both negative [shield] wires be twisted together and soldered to the jack socket or will this create a ground loop? and therefore hum.

The kit I am using is a Cana kit [CK194 20W bridged]and both amps are of the same board. I have tried it with just one of the shield wires connected to the jack socket and it appears to work OK.

Regards,

Beaty

If I remember correctly the other wire is ground, so that should be soldered or at lest temporarily connected to the frame of the car, try it and if it works, then that's what it is. If not, just have it rigged the way it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back