Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wiring speakers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

grsmith021

I currently have a nice set of computer speakers with a sub as well as a stereo receiver and accompanying speakers. Only problem is that I cannot find a safe way to wire them so that are playing the same audio. Heres the link for my speakers...
https://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

The issue is that the computer speakers only have a headphone jack for the input signal and I don't know how to wire the speaker to receiver and its associated speakers.

I have tried bypassing the receiver with a speaker signal splitter, which caused the computer speaker's receiver to overwork itself and overheat.

I'm wondering if possibly a cable exists that is male headphone jack on one end and just the speaker wire at the end? I tried making such a cable and it did not successfully sync the computer speakers and receiver speakers.

Not too sure if there is an electrically sound answer, just looking for some tips.

Thanks

Your computer speakers have 3 built-in amplifiers. They have a line-level stereo input that might look like a headphones jack.
Your stereo receiver must have a stereo line level output to feed a recorder but it can feed the line level input on your computer speakers.

I have no dea why you shorted things with a "bypassing speaker signal splitter". The outputs of amplifiers MUST NEVER be shorted together.

You need a shielded audio cable that has a plug (not a jack) that matches the line-level output jack on your receiver on one end and a plug that matches the line-level input jack on your computer speakers on the other end. The amplifier outputs connect to the speakers, not to the line-level signals.
The stereo receiver feeds its own speakers and the computer speaker amplifiers feed the computer speakers. They should be "in sync" but might be out-of-phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back