Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring Plans for battle switches for LED lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse05

Hey all first time here so if i did something wrong i apologize.

So this is what i want to do. I want to use one safety flip switch to turn off and on a pair of LED light strips. im using LED switches as well. But i would like to use 2 extra switches for show. Not to do anything just want them to light up. I have drawn a diagram to explain my plan and would love your guy's input. Have i over looked anything? Safety concerns? Will the two extra switches mess with the leds lighting up?

View attachment 64447

So to recap i want switch one to control the LEDs and switch 2 and 3 to do nothing but light up. Also im using 18G wire if relevant. Thank you for your time

Hi Jesse05,

your intentions honor you, but there are standard symbols to be used for every electronic component.

LEDs have their symbol as well as SPDT switches, batteries or current limiting resistors.

Further the value of a current limiting resistor depends on the number of LEDs to connect in a chain and the voltage source.

Just go ahead and try to describe your intended circuit.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back