Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring help on simple 4 channel remote, to motor :-) Much appreciated for any help please, total noob :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinamo

Hello.
I would like to wire this remote to the motor, but not too sure if got right parts? Any help appreciated, thanks for your time..

Attachments

• new1.JPG
    new1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 200
Those parts should work, but they might need separate power supplies for the motor and the receiver.

Connect ground (GND) on the receiver to ground on the motor driver. Connect one of the outputs (D0 - D3) to the signal input of the motor driver. Connect the positive of a power supply of the correct voltage to the V+ pin of the receiver, with the negative of the power supply to ground.

Connect the motor to the motor driver as is shows on the picture of the motor driver, and connect the motor power supply as the picture shows.

Diver300 Thank you for taking the time to read appreciated.
I understand would need 9- 12v goto the Mos driver, for the motor feed. Then separate supply for the receiver 5-6v ??

The datasheet is here: https://datasheet.lcsc.com/szlcsc/2007311538_QIACHIP-RX480E-4_C708816.pdf (Japanese)

You can use translate.google.com to "help" translate it. Power is 3-5V e.g CR2032 battery or a 5V supply. Outputs are sinking, but don;t know how much current. It's probably at least 10 mA.

A pull up resitor (e.g. 1K-10K) to the 3-5V supply from (D0 -D3) will give you an inverted output unfortunately. Unfortunately,I can't tell you a good number for the pull up resistor. I'd try 10K and 1K (~3mA)

Your motor driver suggests PWM+ which probably means a high to turn it on. e.g. 0-100% where 100% is high all the time.

The signal you need might need to be inverted. A CD4069 https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cd4069ub.pdf could invert the signal. Unused inputs MUST be ties to ground or Vcc.

Diver300 Thank you for taking the time to read appreciated.
I understand would need 9- 12v goto the Mos driver, for the motor feed. Then separate supply for the receiver 5-6v ??
Yes, they would need to be separate supplies.

The motor controller picture does not make it clear if there are any connection inside the motor controller between the motor power supply and the signal ground. Without knowing whether there is some connection inside the motor controller, it's not possible to know if one power supply can be used.

Hi thanks for viewing and replies, appreciated.
Initially used 2 channel with built in relays, but need to reduce the depth, hence these micro ones.
Was looking at something like this, but failed lol. Total new at this stuff, thanks for your patients..
1617143428745.png

You likely need a 10K resistor between D0 and +V and an inverter CD4069 inserted in your yellow wire.
All unused inputs have to be tied to ground or +5.

Thanks LOL sorry total lost me now like 14 pins off a CD4069. As there an alternative way? change either parts, but like to use the 433mhz RF? Thanks for viewing...

What I believe the motor will run when first powered up. I don't think you want that?

You can use this CPC1017N https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/240/CPC1017N-1546456.pdf part and a resistor.

You need to drive a led that only requires 1 mA

Use a resistor <= (5-1.4)/1.5mA, 1.5 mA is 0.0015 Amps. It would go in series with the LED. The LED is polarity sensitive.

A FET and some resitors could also be used, but it might be hard finding one.

Hi, look sorry, this is all above ones head, spent last few days now trying to figure, not much help, baring watching youtube. this is sort of that came up with????Sorry for the crude drawing...

Attachments

• 4C Wire.JPG
    4C Wire.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back