Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wiring fans, first timer needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthsniper96

hey guys wasup this is my first time doing wiring work so i need some help. im thinking about making a cooler for my laptop, and i need a way to connect thispower cord to about 3-4 CPU case fans. i have been reading all kina stuff about resistors and such so what do i need to do? i would also like some kind of switch that i can use to control the speed of the fans.

The sooner you ditch radioshack the better. For power supplies, various connectors and power components as well as some just plain great surplus stuff go to www.mpja.com Their website is a bit simple but if you e-mail them ask them to mail you a catalog. It's a 30 page or so paper catalog with the more common parts they stock frequently. Other websites like Digikey can get you just about anything at relativly decent prices. Getting started is always hard though.

The easiest sollution to your question this is just wire it together. You don't have a soldering iron likley (do not buy one at radio shack) so just strip and twist the wire together and use electrical take or heat shrink tubeing. Most CPU fans are 12 volt already so that's all you need to do is make the physical connection. Picking up a book about basic electronics, or better yet using sites like wikipedia and google to research terms you don't know and find other material to learn about will keep you busy for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back