Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring Fan Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

inigonus

Hello everyone, I really need your help.

I got a free fan AC motor from friend who is going overseas.
This motor is used for the standing fan.
Now I am having problem that I am totally clueless of the wiring of this motor and the specification of other components to be connected with this motor.

Here I attach two pictures. One is the cables photo, the other is the capacitor component label.

Would anyone please enlighten me? Thank you so much.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Singapore-20130115-00690.jpg
    Singapore-20130115-00690.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
  • Singapore-20130115-00692.jpg
    Singapore-20130115-00692.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 136
Not a clue. Since you didn't specify where in the world you are, then we don't even know if you expect it to work on 120V or 240V?

Fans usually have 3 speeds so theres probably a common and the other 3 different speed windings.
Induction motors have 2 windings for single phase a start and a run, mains usually goes accross the run and to the start via the capacitor.

Theres a possibility with this motor that the capacitor is not a 'start' capacitor, it could just be a filter, little motors like this tend to be shaded pole which dont need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back