Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring an LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisdan

This may seem like a silly question but I'm after a bit of advice on attaching a wire to an LCD module. As it stands, I am using PCB headers to attach the LCD to a board and using an IDC header. This is quite bulky and I wish to omit the board completely. Should I solder the wire (ribbon cable) to the LCD and then use something like cork and a peice of ABS plastic to sandwich the cable with the PCB to stop it pulling at the connections. Is there any better way of securing the cable, or should I leave it as it is?

PS the connections are 16x1 type, not 8x2.

This is quite bulky and I wish to omit the board completely.

Not quite sure what you mean by the above....

You could use short stand-offs and appropriate length pin headers if your PCB pads line up exactly with the LCD, or if your PCB pads are slighly mis-aligned, use a small length of ribbon cable and separate the individual strands after soldering and again use short stand-offs.

Perhaps a picture of your current project may provide a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back