Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring 7 Segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does actually show the connections on the datasheet - although not very clearly.
If you look at the drawing showing the display from the front, it marks the underside pin numbers (1 - 5 and 6-10).
(It is similar to an ic pin numbering as it can fit in an ic socket)

The schematic drawing on the lower right side of the sheet shows the segments (a-g and DP that correspond with the other drawing)
a=10, b=9, c=8, d=5, e=4, f=2, g=3, DP=7

And the anode is connected to pins 1 and 6)

The answers are there on the spec sheet.
As you look at the display from the front ( right way up ) Pin 1 is uppermost on the left, pin 5 is bottom left, pin 6 is lower right and pin 10 is top right.
If in doubt use a power supply and a series resistor then make your own diagram.

Oh, Picasm got there first.

Many times I have determined pin connections and type of display without a data sheet. I start with a 5V power supply and a 680 ohm resistor. I put the resistor in series with one power supply lead, connect it to one pin and then connect the other power supply lead to the remaining pins. I keep switching pins until a segement lights up. If one doesn't then I reverse the leads and start over. It doesn't take long to determing if it is CA or CC and the segement pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back