Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wirering a programable output on a VSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvh

Hi just a small question

in atached sketch there drawn 2 ways of conecting a medium power transistor to the switched outlet to switch a relay

the only info I have is the max capacity of the internal transistor but nothing more

personaly I think the first option but I am not 100% sure

I prefer to have some confirmation on this

Thanks in advance
Robert-Jan

Attachments

• TMP111.JPG
    TMP111.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 136
Functionally there is no difference.
However my personal preference is option 2, because the 470ohm resistor is near to its functional position. ie next to the transistor whos base current it is limiting.

JimB

Thanks for the reply Jim

the reason that i think for option 1 is that if an accidentily short from the emiter from the VSD transistor would hapen it will not burn out with the resistor in the colector lead of it.

It's just to make it more fool proof

Robert-Jan

OK, option 1 is fine if that is your preference.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back