Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless webcam With IR sensore

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuntmanSlim

Hi ive got an idea, ill give a breif idea of why i want it

im in my attic working on network servers and playing games and sorting out the wiring for the 240 mains and the lighting, now heres the problem when im in the attic i cant see who's at the door or outside my fence, i need some kind of ir sensor that tells a webcam to take picture the wirelessly send them either to my phone or to one of the servers? thats my idea,

Thanks Mike

There are some "motion detecting" cameras. If the picture changes it takes a picture.

Yes, many cameras have that facility - but why not just have a monitor displaying the picture from the camera continually?.

becuase im not allways in my attic and plus they cost too much i don't have enough to get any plus, if i wanted that i would pay for a CCTV set
and plus i want to make one :)

becuase im not allways in my attic and plus they cost too much i don't have enough to get any plus, if i wanted that i would pay for a CCTV set
and plus i want to make one :)

They are pretty cheap - no way you could make one for anything approaching what they cost, not to mention the time it would take (having to learn to program the systems you'd need to build).

Sending a picture everytime the webcam detects movement would be a pain. After so many vehicles, pedestrians and cats passing by, your inbox will be full!

Actually you don't need any sensor. Some webcams come with a cheap "alarm" software that will beep if the webcam detects any movement. Get an USB cable extension, and your early-warning system is done.

If you feel bad about the computer sitting there wasting energy to show a boring image, with some programming skills you may also include domotic functions. A very cheap way to amaze your non-geek guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back