Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless USB?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badar

Hi.
For USB port in computer only thing i know is that it has four wires respectively i.e. VCC, +D, -D, GND.Now i want it to produce at another end wirelessly so that i may connect my wired USB keyboard or any other USB peripherals to a PCB having USB port and a sensor to get signals from Computer's USB.
I need help in both two cases that are

1. If i give VCC and ground to the PCB manually so that only thing to send is +D and -D.

2. If i want to transmit all four signals and there is no need to give power to the final PCB.(Is it possible?)

+D and -D is a differential signal at 12mbit. Good luck sending that over the air bidirectionally.

Without encoding and decoding, yes. The USB protocol was never designed or even though of to be used 'over the air'

Badar said:
If i want to transmit all four signals and there is no need to give power to the final PCB.(Is it possible?)
Um, wow. There's a huge difference between a SIGNAL and POWER. +5v and ground in a USB connector are not "signals" which you can just transmit like data. Go figure out a simple method of wireless power transfer over moderate distances with reasonable efficiency, and you'll be a millionaire.

With that said, you're also out of luck on the signal aspect, for all the reasons people have already mentioned. The USB protocol is just not designed in such a way that it can be just adapted over to wireless like this. If you want a wireless link to a USB device, you need to put something else in between - such as a custom USB host that communicates with your USB device, giving you data in a way that allows it to be transmitted wirelessly, and then stick another device on the PC end that receives the data and acts as a USB device to your computer. This would be a tremendously complicated project to implement, and totally not worthwhile if there was some other way to do it (such as simply not using USB at all...), and given the questions you just asked about it, I would guess that you would be in WAY over your head trying to do it.

Last edited:
I'm a people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back