Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless/usb wiibar

Status
Not open for further replies.

razstec

HI, i decided to make a wiibar and nothing better than to do it wireless(2 batterys AA) with an emergency power supply by using a usb cable.

I made two layouts and I would like to know if that is correct and if you think i should put some resistance, if yes please suggest me which because i dont understand much of this things.

The first pic is the scheme of the main box, the part that will receive the USB cable from the computer through usb male and feed the LEDs and past the energy to the usb female that will connect to the second box and power it too.

There is also standing on a switch that will feed the ir leds using 2 batterys if its on and when its off it will get the power from the usb if connected.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Im sorry for my bad english, if you have any doubt just ask.

thanks

You will need current limit resisters for the LEDs and one more battery to get closer to the USB 5 volts supply. Andy

What kind of resistor do i nedd? Since the leds are paralel can i use per 2 leds or do i need one for every led?

3 batterys? dont they works with 2?

thanks

USB supply is 5 volts, two 1.5 volt batterys is only 3 volts. If set up your LEDs to work off 5 volts thay my not light with just 3 volts and if you set them up for 3 volts thay my burn out at 5 volts. You need to get your supply voltages the same or use a DTSP switch and switch between to supplys and two resistors. Depending on your IR LED forword voltage drop two in series may not run off 3 volts. Also if you keep the USB cable pluged in and turn on the switch the USB supply will try and charge the 3 volt batterys to 5 volts.

OK so lets fix this, use a three posishoin switch with center off. One side will be USB power and the other side will be Battery power. All the negitives or commons from the USB, batterys, and LEDs are tied together. the other side of the LEDs will go to the center (common)or "C" of the switch. The USB and battery positives will go to the outsides of the switch or (Normaly open) or "NO" sides thru appropreit current limit resistors. One for USB power and one for battery power. If you give us the specks of the IR LED we can help you with the resistor values., or look it up on line in one of the many resistor calculators. Hope this helps Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back