Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpj111

I have an idea to start a small project related to cable TV transmission. Normally signal transmit from the tap to decoder through cable, is that right. My idea is to use wireless transmission insted of cable probably 100M distance.
I need transmitter and receiver at the both end. I saw a transmitter in RS catalogue at range of 2.4 G but input is DVD o/p i think in UHF range (in Mhz). I think such module can be used with small addups.

Cable Tv transmission is on following freqs.

Transmit from tap (forward) 77Mhz to 750 Mhz
(Return ) 5Mhz to 55mhz

At the decoder (Receiver ) 77 to 750 Mhz
(transmit) 5 to 55 Mhz

What kind of Tx/Rx need to be used to facilitate above freqs.
Cable TV has both way communication. Basically I need to replace Cable with wireless media.

Do you have any ideas related this or any website learn to improve this idea.

Your help much appreciated

Sorry, but it's a silly idea - and you can't do it - plus it would be HIGHLY illegal, and you would VERY quickly be caught, as you would be causing massive interference.

In leagal way, to some places very hard to run cable ( tresspaas cable etc), then it is necessary wireless tx insted of cable for few meters.
Decoder has a serial number which need to be registered to get services (with monthly payments) no steeling at all. Idea is using transmission media insted of cable to give service to unservicable places.

Don't know where you are from, or what your local cable company policy is, but they get real upset around here when people mess with their installations. Unless you work for them, and authorized, you can't even run your own cable to other rooms in your house. You pay for the service, not the equipment. 100 meters would provide the neighborhood with free cable TV, definately jail time for the provider... Why not just get satelite TV, pretty much the same stuff on both.

Let's not also forget the copyright issues, unless you've encrypted it so your neighbours can't tune in they can get you for copyright infringement as they haven't given you permission to re-broadcast their channels. This is especially even more the case if you're talking about pay channels which I assume is the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back