Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless task taker device

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherial

banggood electronics
I would like to have some suggestions about how I could realise a device that is able to make an easy wireless connection (tx and rx) and switch on and off a couple of LEDs.

Device description

There is a device and a PC. When the device and the PC handshake, the device switches on a green LED.
Pressing the (only) button on the device the LED turns red (green OFF, red ON) and a signal has to be sent to the PC.
The PC can identify which device has made the transmission. When a button is pressed on the PC's program, the LED on the device turns back green (green ON, red OFF), like to say "I got the device x has taken the task".

The transmission will always start from the device.

Further characteristics

Range: 10s of metres;
Obstacles: plasterboards walls (with metallic framework), mobile phones;
Hypothetical solutions: WiFi and access-point or any not standard wireless communication;
Budget: the cheapest, the easiest;
# items: 3 (at the beginning);
Software side: no problem on the PC side.

I do not have any (really any) idea about where to start. I have never done any wireless communication, so this is a completely new field for me. So, I would be very glad also to receive a suggestion about what to read.

Many thanks indeed to anyone who can leave a feedback

number one you need to establish what your wireless link will be. For simple projects, I use Linx products, which can be found on their website (linxtechnologies.com) or at digikey.

Next, you need to decide what your pc interface will be, serial port, usb port, or parallel port. The code you write on the pc will be dependent on where you input your data.

The design of the transmitter device will be dependent on the receiver to the pc. Linx has FOB devices that send an address, and an address decoder that initializes an interupt via the parallel port might be all that is needed. You can make your interface as simple or as complex as you want, but by your description, you need two way communication, as your remote device has to show it received confirmation by the pc. you may need a transmitter/receiver at both ends. In that case, they also make bluetooth devices that plug into a pc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back