Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Hi all you gurus out there can anyone point me to a "how to" for wireless speakers.

I presume I will need TX and RX modules working around the 433MHz region (or maybe 2.4GHz??) and some method of modulating the audio information to be sent to each speaker but whilst I understand my block diagram the methods of applying it escape me.

My idea is to use this for the rear speakers of my 5.1 system.

Anyway over to you guys now as I have checked the forum and cannot find what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help

I think you need to consider whether or not you really need wireless rear speakers.

I recently bought a surround sound system with wireless rear speakers, and in my opinion the short amount of time/hassle you might save not having to run wires from the front of the room to the back is not worth the problems they encounter.

For a start, you need power points where you want the speakers.
The rear speakers crackle every time I use the microwave.
The rear speakers are not remote controlled; they need to switched on/off manually every time you use them.
Sometimes the speakers just don't pick up any signals and I need to reset the whole system.

Bryce said:
Hi all you gurus out there can anyone point me to a "how to" for wireless speakers.

I presume I will need TX and RX modules working around the 433MHz region (or maybe 2.4GHz??) and some method of modulating the audio information to be sent to each speaker but whilst I understand my block diagram the methods of applying it escape me.

My idea is to use this for the rear speakers of my 5.1 system.

Anyway over to you guys now as I have checked the forum and cannot find what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help

unless these speakers will be battery powered, you'll never have true wireless... so if you have a wire for the electric, why not another wire for the audio signal?

spend some time in your basement or crawlspace and fish speaker wires to a stud, opposite an electrical box. use an "old construction" or retrofit box to avoid major wall surgery ... then the power plug-in point will also be the audio signal point, keep the wire neat with some split loom tubing - you can even paint the tubing to match your carpet / wall color

alternately you can go with that super expensive "flat" wiring thats made out of flexible PCB in very long strips - hide it under carpet

or get a plunge router with a 1/4 or 1/2" slot cutting bit and carve a channel into your baseboard molding, creating a chase for normal inexpensive speaker wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back