Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless security..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytech

I have builted an wireless security system using RF transmitter & receiver via HT12D & HT12E.. I do not know whether this is highly secured or not?.. Can any one hack this?.. If possible.. Which is the better way for best wireless security... thanks..

This was the type of car door opener first used with remote locking. It is possible to hack these, in fact there are remote code copiers available for around $20 if you want one. The only security is they are not used for long periods and are low powered transmitters.

Thanks.. but actually it wont be like a key.. i kept 3 transmitter in 3 doors and receivers at the one end.. It will indicate the opening of particular door and will start alarming..Is there any possibility to tap the data when the transmitter in ON?..

The wireless encoders send out the same code repeatedly when on, this makes it easy to duplicate. Some one may not be able to over ride your signal but by transmitting the codes and triggering the alarm, it can also undermine the confidence in the system. If an alarm goes off ten times a day, is really a problem or is some one else sending the codes?

The Holtek HT12 stuff has zero security, it's very simple. Complex encoding like WEP & WAP has been cracked as can ANY wireless data. That said for a modest alarm system it's probably beyond your basic criminals ability.
Jamming would be simple, how many false alarms before you turn it off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back