Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Remote "Detonator"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgm7890

[deleted]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Well, I'm trying to make a wireless detonator to simply control the ignition of fireworks (typical). Basically, I want to launch some bottle rockets for fun. They are legal in my state. I want to set them off all at the same time.
-m

Are you sure?

http://www.fsc.ri.gov/statutes/28_11.php

23-28.11-10. Rules and regulations.

The state fire marshal is hereby authorized and directed to promulgate reasonable rules and regulations governing the possession, sale wholesale and retail, and use of fireworks and pyrotechnics in the state.

**broken link removed**

Source= State Fire Marshall
Although Rhode Island legalized the sale of fireworks last year, some fireworks remain illegal in the state. They include any fireworks that travel more than six feet into the air, or those that make a loud bang sound.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com...works20definitions20w203520added206-29-30.pdf

ANY FIRECRACKERS, ROCKETS, MORTARS, OR ANY OTHER DEVICES THAT LAUNCH A PROJECTILE AND/OR MAKE A “BANG”/DETONATION/REPORT ARE NOT LEGAL UNDER RIGL 11-13-1.

The regulation cited immediately above also severely limits simultaneously igniting any fireworks.

Now, to your design. I can barely read what you posted. It is too dark and crumpled. Nevertheless, it does not seem to include anything about the wireless link you want. Of everything you have said, that to me is the most bothersome. If, for example, you were to use one of the inexpensive, hobbyist modules, it is likely to be susceptible to random "receptions," which would lead to unpredictable ignition times. Also, being that it is wireless, you may not even be in close enough proximity to see what happens. That is, how will you know some poor animal or child is not hovering over your rocket barrage launcher just as it goes off?

I hope you devise a way to make sequential fuses that you will personally be present to light. And of course, that begs the whole question of whether your bottle rockets comply with RI law, which I hope you resolve too.

John

I've used my own version for many years launching model rockets.

All I will tell you is to make sure your receive end has a "key", so that you can locally disable it when hooking it up and then right before you walk away, install the "key" to allow the remote to trigger the device. Maybe this is all you need to prevent another 'close call'??

I do not believe this forum is the place for any discussion of this type of technology.

I do not want to spend money on buying two 100 foot leads of wire, that is why I want to make it wireless.
Then how much do you want to spend? I would say that 100 feet of wire will cost much less than any safe RF link.

Telephone cable is $13/100 ft and $20/250 ft at home depot (**broken link removed**). I am sure a safe wireless link at RS would be more.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back