Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless remote circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_green_1

Well im looking into some ideas for a project to work on and i have came up with the idea of creating i wirelessly controlled pan/tilt camera mount. I have the mount part sorted (2 servos with controllers) but was wondering how to go about the wireless remote part! :confused:

Im looking for a remote that can handle 4 buttons (up, down, left and right controls) but nothing too complex if possible! Just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a circuit/website that could be of some help.

Thanks, Josh

You have two options here, infrared or RF.

If you go with infrared, things will be simple (I guess). You need a IR Receiver like this **broken link removed** On the receiver side.
Next you can use standard TV remote or build your own using any controller.

If you go with RF, I suggest that you buy a cheap RC car and use its Receiver circuit on the receiver side and use the remote as it is. It is a good and quick solution.

Well im looking into some ideas for a project to work on and i have came up with the idea of creating i wirelessly controlled pan/tilt camera mount. I have the mount part sorted (2 servos with controllers) but was wondering how to go about the wireless remote part! :confused:

Im looking for a remote that can handle 4 buttons (up, down, left and right controls) but nothing too complex if possible! Just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a circuit/website that could be of some help.

Thanks, Josh

I agree with Cry Wolf's suggestion about modifying a remote toy car controller.

Here is something along those lines I did some years ago:

https://www.pbase.com/sinoline/rf_remote_control_for_d7xx

Not sure what your saying mneary! The camera is completely seperate/optional. Just the stand im trying to control :)

The infrared sounds like a great idea. I have a few circuits for single button controllers and receivers but wondered if anyone could link a 4 button controller/receiver? I have looked around but can't find any!!

Thanks Cry_Wolf :)

Not sure what your saying mneary! The camera is completely seperate/optional. Just the stand im trying to control :)

The infrared sounds like a great idea. I have a few circuits for single button controllers and receivers but wondered if anyone could link a 4 button controller/receiver? I have looked around but can't find any!!

Thanks Cry_Wolf :)

You are welcome.

So if you go with the infrared ,i can help you with that (if you need any) because i did a project of controlling 4 relays via infrared in which i designed the remote my self using AT89C51.Its range was over 15m if line of sight was maintained.(See the attached images).

But i still suggest you go with the one using a RC Car it will be much more simple.

Regards,

Attachments

• Remote Control(infrared).jpg
    Remote Control(infrared).jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 609
  • Infrared Receiver.jpg
    Infrared Receiver.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 448
I think i will be going with infrared. The RC seems far too easy. The project needs some self-built parts to it so the infrared controller would be perfect to build!

Just looked into the AT89C51 and seems it needs some extensive knowledge of PIC programming? Im not very competent with advanced programming but have used simple PIC programmes. Im sure i could figure it out after working out what i need it to do etc :)

Would probably be able to work the circuit out on my own now i know which PIC to use :)

Thanks for the help.

Although IR is has it uses, it's not practical in this application. Why would you want to control a camera with a remote that is line of site???:D That kind of defeats it's purpose doesn't it? The RF circuit in the RC car is the better option.
This reminds me of the blonde who invented the solar powered flashlight.:D

It would be a line of sight camera :p The stand would be for moving a video camera/webcam/whatever type of camera i want! So the remote only needs to be line of sight. Its a project for college so it doesn't need a real reason to be built other than to work!

I figured as such. I just noticed the humor in it.;)

I think i will be going with infrared. The RC seems far too easy. The project needs some self-built parts to it so the infrared controller would be perfect to build!

Just looked into the AT89C51 and seems it needs some extensive knowledge of PIC programming? Im not very competent with advanced programming but have used simple PIC programmes. Im sure i could figure it out after working out what i need it to do etc :)

Would probably be able to work the circuit out on my own now i know which PIC to use :)

Thanks for the help.

Good to go.

Best of Luck for the project ;)

Back again!

I have been thinking about what to use and i got another suggestion to use Ultrasonic. It would make the circuit alot easier but it would just be awkward as i don't know a great deal about it.

So i looking into Infrared more and found the perfect circuit! **broken link removed**

I know exactly what the transmitter does and how it works but im not sure about the reciever. I need to know what the IC4/# component is and also which the outputs are to connect to my servo controller!

Would be grateful if someone could point those out to me!

Back again!

I have been thinking about what to use and i got another suggestion to use Ultrasonic. It would make the circuit alot easier but it would just be awkward as i don't know a great deal about it.

So i looking into Infrared more and found the perfect circuit! **broken link removed**

I know exactly what the transmitter does and how it works but im not sure about the reciever. I need to know what the IC4/# component is and also which the outputs are to connect to my servo controller!

Would be grateful if someone could point those out to me!

I think IC4 is a quad NAND Schmitt Trigger such as this one.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back