Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless power circuit needs improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my question.... what should the ideal reactance be for the coils?
and according to a calculator my 555 timer oscillator runs at 141khz

LTspice says your 555 (post #1) is running at ~95kHz and the post #15 version at ~175kHz. What version are you now using?

Last edited:
post #15. Before my first post I used some 10K resistors for the timer, but now I use 2.2K and 3.3K resistors.

Your ideas in post 20 are good for protecting the transistor however good coupling depends on the resonance of the tx and rx being the same.
Making the inductance and capacitance of the tx and rx tank the same is a good starting point, however the iductance of each coild doesnt have to match, so long as you choose the tank capacitance to make them both resonate at the same freq.
Loading the rx coil will change its Q and if the load is reactive that could change its resonance so you need to test with the load attached.
Putting a trimmer on the 555 to shift freq will enable you to 'tune' to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back