Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless on - off Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsals

My first post on the forum but I'm after a little help.

I'm no electrical engineer or anything but have some basic knowledge.
What I'm doing is making a touch probe for my CNC machine to be used with mach3 software. Many of them use a cable from the probe to the paraell port, but I want to try a wireless version.

I've attached a very basic drawing which outlines the basic elements I'm after although I'm aware I may need additonal things to get it working. The system works by completing the circuit and when the probe breaks the circuit it assumes it has touched something.

I'm not to bothered what the wireless device is, something fairly cheap, simple, compact.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate the help.
Cheers
Ant

Attachments

• Basic Wirless Circuit.jpg
    Basic Wirless Circuit.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 173
Is this a safety circuit? I wouldn't use wireless for anything involving a safety cutoff.

What do you plan to use the probe for? Tool probing, part probing? Most probes I'm familiar with such as Renishaw or Blum use infrared light to transmit wirelessly. There is a pickup mounted on the machine that can see the tool probe or part probe. As far as safety with these systems, the only thing to be concerned with is to not crash the probe.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back