Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless MP3 door chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedW

Hi,

I have a Byron SX1/SX11 wireless door chime and I'd like to replace the ding dong with a small MP3 player so that I can use any sound I like.

I believe the ding dong comes from the TC 4069 UBP chip. So the question is can I use this piece of kit to create the MP3 door chime by simply bypassing the chip and if so how would I go about it?

Thanks

Attachments

• Chime ALL.jpg
    Chime ALL.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Chime PCB.jpg
    Chime PCB.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 780
  • Chime CHIP.jpg
    Chime CHIP.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 724
I believe the ding dong comes from the TC 4069 UBP chip.
Um, no. The 4069 will be used as an amplifier to increase the signal from the RF receiver. The extra pcb (mounted in the main pcb) with the epoxy blob will be the ding dong sound generator. One of the connections to that pcb will carry the code to trigger the chime.

Your best bet is to use the LED output - I assume it goes on when the chime sounds, no? You could connect an optocoupler in place of the LED to give you a sort-of switch-like output. How you connect that to your MP3 player, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back