Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless guitar system not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengo22

Hello, I recently got a used Shure wireless guitar system (T1G-CA transmitter and T4N-CA reciever) and it's not working right. When all plugged in, there is no sound when I hit the strings but only the faint ring after. It kind of seems like the signal peaks when I hit the strings, and we just hear the ring after the string have been hit. Does anyone know what's going on and how I could fix this?
Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

possible causes

Is the system old - there could corroded joints/leads

Is the microphone in good shape??

Have you checked obvios things, conections, fuses

try opening and make visual inspection to see if
any component looks cooked!

IF ALL ELSE fails try to get a schematic of the internet!

Hope this helps!

You may have stumbled on to the reason the former owner sold the items.

As stated in the first reply - check the simple things such as batteries, power supplies, connectors, fuses. That's often the stuff that fails.

Get some operating instructions if you can. Maybe there's a switch (possibly DIP switch inside) to select channel or a screw to tweak the operating frequency. Certainly bands use multiples of these therefore more than one channel is used.

Maybe the transmitter and reciever aren't compatible. I've seen pairs of things from used equipment dealer like that. If there are others around, musicians, etc - they might have similar equipment and be of some help.

If you can determine the frequency of the transmitter see if you can locate a reciever on the same frequency. That's probably easier said than done. Maybe a local radio shop with an appropriate reciever will do a quick check for you - using a reciever to check the transmitter and signal generator to check the reciever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back