Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless elevator

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehmaas hasan

hello friends
i want to make my course project i.e wireless elevator. the core components are.

- 12 volt dc gear motor. with high torque
- transmitter and receiver of a four way remote control car.

FUNCTION OF THE ELEVATOR:-

The function of the elevator is just to move up and down. i want to control by using the remote of the wireless car.

COMPONENTS THAT COULD BE USED TO MAKE ITS CIRCUIT:-

I want to use a h-bridge l298.
or a simple relay circuit will do the job.(attached in this mail).

now i want to design a circuit to move the elevator up and down using above mentioned components.
here use of any type of micro controller is not good because i have not used and studied them yet. so kindly guide me how can i make this project
in a simple way.
if any more simpler way could be implemented over here would be lovely.

all the necessary files are attached have a comprehensive look and kindly explain me in detail that how can i make this project. if any particular component you mention in your explanation kindly tell the model number and other required details.

Attachments

• datasheet.pdf
    187 KB · Views: 218
  • dc gear motor.jpg
    dc gear motor.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 168
  • image of simple relay circuit..jpg
    image of simple relay circuit..jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 168
How big is this lift going to be, and what weight will it carry.

The motor you have will draw more current than the drive can supply i think.
As load is applied to the motor the current requirements will go up.

Why not just use 2 relays, 1 DPDT relay for motor direction and 1 SPDT relay for motor power on / off.

If this is just a small model you are making then the drive and rail parts from an old bubblejet printer would work well as 90% of the machanics is already built for you.
I have used many of them in various projects.

Pete.

the lift would be around 26 inch in length and 19 inches in breadth and it should be able to carry approximately 1 kg of weight.

yes it is a small model but it would be exactly the shape of normal relay.

are these relay you mentioned work on 220volts or what kindly elaborate

and are they expensive? and is it possible that if i use h bridge l298. as i mentioned in my first message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back