Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless doorbell to operate and latch a relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhadresh

I'm trying to use my wireless doorbell to switch off my water pump. The problem is how to use the receiver signal to latch a relay. Search the net but no clear solution found !

I've driven LED from a speaker wire with transistor (doorbell receiver circuit) but don't know how to use this signal to latch a relay. I'm planning to use 6v relay. I've try to drive relay with transistor but no success.

Pl. have me some idea/schematics.

If you deal with PIC microcontroller, simple program may help you to do what do you want.

I've driven LED from a speaker wire with transistor (doorbell receiver circuit)
That's a good starting point. Post a schematic of what you've tried so far and we can work from there. We also need to know the spec of your pump (AC?, DC?, Volts?, Amps?). And how do you intend to switch the pump on?

Last edited:
I finally find the solution. It's on a Ron's site **broken link removed**. I've made changes in this circuit to suit my project.

Actually it's basic transistor latch, but it was hard for me to understand. After studying and experimenting Ron's circuit, I got the whole idea. Thanks Ron and all member of this forum for your reply/post.

Here is the circuit that latches a relay. Once I push the doorbell remote button, it stays on until I switch off the doorbell. I'll wire the doorbell remote with float switch and install it on overhead tank. When tank gets full the float switch will on and remote (transmitter) will send the signal to wireless doorbell (receiver) and my relay will activate. Thus it will switch off the pump..

Eureka...

View attachment 67890

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back