Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless doorbell shorting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbteng

I made a wireless doorbell detonator, 9v battery, 5v relay and a 12v battery as the main power supply to start a christmas tree light igniter, Problem is it shorts the doorbell circuit and keeps it on or totally burns it. I took speaker wires and attached to 9v battery. Any advice and prevention?

cbteng

Perhaps the OP should substitute the word, "switch" for the words detonator and igniter to avoid misunderstanding.

John

.....or perhaps the tree lights are Roman candles and the OP really does mean 'igniter'? Should make for a fantastic, albeit brief, display!

I took speaker wires and attached to 9v battery.
I realy dont know what this is about:confused::confused:
Maybe a few pics would help.
If the one time poster comes back.

I made a wireless doorbell detonator
... is not a very good way for a newbie to start a thread. I think it either says you don´t have the brains to explain what you´re doing without making people think you´re a terrorist, or you are a terrorist and don´t have the brains to hide it. Either way, please think about what and how you post, you will get better responses.

Last edited:
I made a wireless doorbell detonator, 9v battery, 5v relay and a 12v battery as the main power supply to start a christmas tree light igniter, Problem is it shorts the doorbell circuit and keeps it on or totally burns it. I took speaker wires and attached to 9v battery. Any advice and prevention?

cbteng

I suspect this a bad translation.... I think the correct question should be
I made a wireless doorbell switch
as well.

If the OP means "Detonator" I will close this thread...

I made a wireless doorbell detonator, 9v battery, 5v relay and a 12v battery as the main power supply to start a christmas tree light igniter,
Ok now its starting to make sense.
He is using a wireless door bell to try and light an igniter made from a christmas tree light and can not get it to work.
I hope he is trying to do something legal with this,
but unless we know what the OP is trying to detonat with this I dont think we should go any futher with this thread!!!!!

Last edited:
I think it's a bad translation: He tried to build a wireless Christmas light switch (for a tree) from a wireless doorbell. He used the speaker output in series with a 9V battery to drive a 5V relay and the doorbell pops. Not surprising.

I think it's a bad translation: He tried to build a wireless Christmas light switch (for a tree) from a wireless doorbell.
Do you know this for a fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back