Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless doorbell as alternative gate remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpain

hello fellas,

long time ago since i've been here and i need your help. I am currently trying to make use of my wireless doorbell as an alternative remote control for my old electrical/mechanical gate.
* I got 3 volts output from the receiver everytime i press the transmitter's button.
* Old gates circuit only had push button to open and close (normally open)
* I would like to use a relay as a remote switch, but how can i trigger that relay with that 3 volts reference?

please i need your help, the simpliest is the better. I thought of using transistor but i am aware of using another V+ for the collector and that 3 volts for the base. Would it be possible? please enlighten me, i really need to make it work.....

thanks

Maybe you could use a reed switch on the low battery voltage,
to operate the gate relays.

I assume when the gate is open,
the same signal tells it to shut.

Maybe you could use a reed switch on the low battery voltage,
to operate the gate relays.

I assume when the gate is open,
the same signal tells it to shut.

okay thats better, but i doubt it is rare in our place. how about transistors or photocouplers? how would i connect it?

It would help if we knew the voltage across the old control push button and is it AC or DC?

the push button is just a dry contact the ground line. just a bit tap and the motor runs.

i am currently using an scr now but the relay wont disengage after triggering.

Put the SCR in a different place in the circuit.
The place where the gate turns of the motor, cos its opened.
The gate should also turn off the motor when it has closed.
Look at the circuit, and move the SCR.

the push button is just a dry contact the ground line. just a bit tap and the motor runs.

i am currently using an scr now but the relay wont disengage after triggering.

Well, I guess that tells us that the voltage is DC and you cant use a SCR, you have to use a transistor, of the correct voltage and current rating. Don't forget the diode protection.

BTW, why do you think a "dry contact" (have never heard that expression) don't have a voltage across it?

Well, I guess that tells us that the voltage is DC and you cant use a SCR, you have to use a transistor, of the correct voltage and current rating. Don't forget the diode protection.

BTW, why do you think a "dry contact" (have never heard that expression) don't have a voltage across it?

well my friend here called it dry contact since it is the negative line that is cut off. hope i made it right......

i am still going for further developments.... keep in touch

scr

once you trigger an SCR the only way to shut it off is by reducing the cuurnt flow to minimun so that it will disconnect. ac can be used because it will at some time go trough o v. for a gate all you needis a switch and a power solenoid 3v is lame because gate are remote with 3v you need lot of current to operate it and IR drop will kill the idea. 120 ac will work with a simple diode in series to make it dc and a spring to keep it locked switch and solenoid all you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back