Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

2camjohn

I want to send data wirelessly up to 30cm (12in) to a PIC chip.

I will not have a line of sight so it cant be Infra Red.

The emitter needs to be small and needs to run on very little power and will only be powered when it needs to transmit. (this will be a 10us pulse, up to 50 times per second)

I am only sending 1 or 0. (either transmitting, or not) and it is the leading edge which I am using as the signal.

I need to be able to run several of these systems in tandem without them interfearing with eachother.

I am not sure what kind of technology to use,

would ultrasonics be suitable?
Radio?
Or one of the newer technologies like bluetooth?

I would really appreciate Pros and Cons of these technologies, or if there is another which is suitable please mention that.

If anyone has any good websites on the subject I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance
John

a 433mhz rf transmitter will do the job

**broken link removed** recivor

**broken link removed** transmitter

Is there some kind of system I could use to keep the signals from interfearing.

Eg every emitter is given a unique ID, then the reciever is tuned to that emitter.
Since I am interested in the leading edge then the emitter need only transmit its own ID.

I have no clue how to do this as I have never used wireless before.
Is this possible?
Anyone got any tips on how I can get this to work?

Cheers

2camjohn said:
Is there some kind of system I could use to keep the signals from interfearing.

Eg every emitter is given a unique ID, then the reciever is tuned to that emitter.
Since I am interested in the leading edge then the emitter need only transmit its own ID.

I have no clue how to do this as I have never used wireless before.
Is this possible?
Anyone got any tips on how I can get this to work?

I can't make any sense of what you are trying to do - try telling us what your project is, rather than your idea of how it needs to work (which may not be the best way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back