Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
You buy them. They are so cheap that it is not worth tying to make your own.

Have to agree, I have 4, under $20 each (surplus), so maybe $30-$40, retail. Also come with a universal remote, as it also relays remote signals wireless. Works great with my video security system, have remote monitors in 3 rooms, and about to add a fourth (bathroom).

I bought a kit years ago, took a lot of tweaking to get a weak signal on a TV, wasn't very stable either, only about 30 foot range. Complete waste of time and money. I've got better test equipment now, and could probably get better performance, but it was probably not a great design to begin with, kits are often like that. Most anything RF is better pre-built, and cheaper too, unless you have the knowledge and equipment to tune the circuits.

I only meant the circuit diagram

Sorry, but the last time I consider building one, was about 10 years ago. There were circuits on the web, I remember searching and finding several, but didn't have the equipment at the time to test the hand wound coils. Went the kit route, and never thought about since. Picked up the ready built surplus a few years ago, and they are much small, work very well, and each was cheaper than the kit I had bought and built.

You can probably find circuits on the internet, but won't know if they are any good until you build them. They will also only be as good as your equipment and materials you use, as well. Not saying that it can't be done, obviously people do build their own, but just wasn't for me. It takes a lot of work, and some precision to tune the circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back