Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Theoretically, is it possible to use a 315mHz RC module to transmit a live feed from a low-quality webcam? The wireless models I've seen are quite costly (100 bucks is costly to me) so any webcam hackers here who can help?

**broken link removed**
$26.50 + shipping

Or are you looking for a wireless webcam? One that will be hooked into your computer? This one is analog video.

From what I found here in theory yes.
**broken link removed**
The bandwidth limit is 1mhz, dpeends on your transmitter/receiver though as I'm sure typical units have filters that have a much lower bandwidth limit, probably only a few khz. You'd have to be licensed as a HAM to do any modifications. The power output limitations seem absurdly low though, is this band ment for things like cheap toy rc cars?

Last edited:
Erm nor RC cars, but prototype probes (an euphemism of that, I'm afraid) .. I'm building one with maximum improvisation rather than buying ready made modules. I thought 315Mhz is a license free module?

I was thinking like a USB webcam that can be hacked from the D+ and D- fed to a buffer and this would directly transmitted without much racing conditions. A microcontroller would've bottlenecked the whole thing, of course, in case of PICs, so they're out of the equation.

This whole thing can be forgotten, of course, if the wireless webcams aren't so pricey!:eek:

In order for you to use the unlicensed band your device would have to go through some.... very expensive testing. Getting a ham license makes experimental hardware legal. So the legalities aren't any simpler than the electronics are =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back