Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless buttons control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

duda123

Hello. Is there an easy way to transfer data wirelessly without using internet?
Here's what I need: I'm gonna have 25 buttons connected to a circuit and I need to turn an 5x7 led matrix on according to the buttons (some LEDs won't be used at all), but this matrix will not be connected to the buttons...

Example: if button #1 is turned on, the first led on the matrix will turn on.

That's just for an idea I had, but since I'm really amateur on working with circuits, I'm not gonna try to accomplish this unless it's easy. Is there any easy way to do it?

Thank you very much!

Example: if button #1 is turned on, the first led on the matrix will turn on.

Do the other 24 buttons work in a similar manner ? eg. button #2 = light #2 and so on?

Easy is relative, it depends on your skill level. Since you want it to be wireless you will need to encode the data. You will need to know microcontroller programming and buy a device programmer.

Each button should turn on/off one light on the LED Matrix (since I'd be using 24 buttons and a 7x5 LED Matrix, 11 LEDs wouldn't be used at all). Doing that wired would be kind of easy, I believe... the problem would be doing it wireless. My skill level is really, really low, actually :p

Like 1 meter away, no walls...

Then the modules described in the link will work. Your problem is how to encode/decode multiple messages, one message per button/Led pair. This is a perfect job for a uController, like the Arduino...

Would I need one arduino for each circuit? I mean one for the sender and of for the receiver?

Yes, one to encode the data before sending it wirelessly and another to decode it after it is received.

Last edited:
I read it, but I couldn't understand it very much... But i've made a Google Search and I may have found something that is gonna guide me :D

Thank you very much for all the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back