Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Bluetooth / WiFi NES Controller Mod for OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

o_pettersen

Hello peeps,

I'm all new to these electronic projects, but have a great project that I would like to complete. As far as I know, it shouldn't be too hard either.

So I have this NES controller. Retro style, but it's a pretty good game pad. Since I now use my mac as a media center, it would make more use if I could use it to control my emulated ROMs etc. I've googled for hours and found a few interesting links. This store sells a USB board that (I guess) translates the signals from the buttons to HID signals (if that is what they're called). Would it be possible to then transmit these signals via Bluetooth or WiFi to the mac?

Or if anyone could point me in the right direction of even doing the whole process myself (not getting the USB board) I'd be very grateful.

As I said in the beginning, I'm a complete newbie so I apologise for all the questions.

Thanks in advance!

Oyvind

o_pettersen said:
Hello peeps,

I'm all new to these electronic projects, but have a great project that I would like to complete. As far as I know, it shouldn't be too hard either.

So I have this NES controller. Retro style, but it's a pretty good game pad. Since I now use my mac as a media center, it would make more use if I could use it to control my emulated ROMs etc. I've googled for hours and found a few interesting links. This store sells a USB board that (I guess) translates the signals from the buttons to HID signals (if that is what they're called). Would it be possible to then transmit these signals via Bluetooth or WiFi to the mac?

Or if anyone could point me in the right direction of even doing the whole process myself (not getting the USB board) I'd be very grateful.

As I said in the beginning, I'm a complete newbie so I apologise for all the questions.

Thanks in advance!

Oyvind

Oyvind,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am looking to do the exact same thing myself. I think though, that WiFi is stretching it, I thing Bluetooth is both sufficient and probably more simple. I have no idea how though, I just started researching this myself.

I'm building a Media Center in my car, a Carputer, using an Intel based Mac Mini with a Touch screen, and I'd like to connect two wireless original NES controllers to it.

I myself is also a complete newb when it comes to this, but one thing I was thinking was that, what if you took a computer mouse, stripped it of its board, used its USB BT receiver, and somehow remapped it for the controller instead of mouse buttons. Is that just me being a dumbass, or could it be one way of doing it?

Regards,
Jesper

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back