Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless audio transmitter/reciever request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer111

I want to be able to have a push button transmitter, like a small car door unlock button, and when pushed it creates a beeping sound on recieving end. Reciever needs to be as small as possible. Dime size or smaller? What would the range be? What would the the cost be.

You're asking a lot of us considering we don't have that much information. In my oppinion, if you don't know what you want to do then you don't know enough about electronics to cram parts onto a dime head.

Google: wireless key finder

Ken

Thanks Ken, I think I have found something that may work for me in in that search. It is a bit bigger reciever then I hoped but will work. Thank you for the help. As for Dragon Tamer, you are correct. I do not have a great deal of knowledge in electronics, hence the reason I asked in the first place. The site was referred by a friend. However a if you don't have an idea or polite response that will help, then don't respond or ask more questions? I am going to go out on a limb and guess that I likely know plenty about many other issues that you may not. But I certainly would not hold it against you. Sorry, I this was a first time experience here. Did not mean to offend anyone.

If I may chime in here, you didn't offend anyone. (Well, you didn't offend me.) But you ought to understand that we get so many open-ended, poorly-defined questions by clueless people who don't even tell us what they're trying to do, but who instead launch right into a discussion about some aspect of electronics that they clearly know little or nothing about.

Hey, nothing wrong with not knowing stuff. There's plenty of stuff I'm ignorant about.

The point being, it's best when you post questions here to let people know what it is, in general, top-level terms, you're trying to do, before diving into the implementation details. (And it sounds like what you're really asking is "Where can I buy one of these things?", rather than the implied question, "Is it possible for me to make a micro-miniaturized circuit, involving radio control and decoding, that will fit in a dime-sized package, even though I have little or no idea how to build such things?".

Anyhow, hope we haven't offended you.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken, I think I have found something that may work for me in in that search. It is a bit bigger reciever then I hoped but will work. Thank you for the help. As for Dragon Tamer, you are correct. I do not have a great deal of knowledge in electronics, hence the reason I asked in the first place. The site was referred by a friend. However a if you don't have an idea or polite response that will help, then don't respond or ask more questions? I am going to go out on a limb and guess that I likely know plenty about many other issues that you may not. But I certainly would not hold it against you. Sorry, I this was a first time experience here. Did not mean to offend anyone.

Why so hostile? I don't recall saying anything offensive in my post, mearly stating that you need to include more information about what you are trying to do. As for the size aspect, trying to an entire circuit onto the head of a dime can be done but you will need to have a custom IC made and that will set you back quite a bit finacialy.

And you would be absolutely right in assuming that you are better at some things than I am. For example, I am a lousy mechanic. If I try to build something it usually breaks. If I try to fix something, it most likely won't work or I'll end up with something left over.

I have come to realize I was out of line the other day, my apology. After revisiting my thread I got carried away. Anyway, I was looking for a way to have a remote to find lost items. The reason for the small size was to affix to the back of the remotes in the house also some other ideas came to mind. I did find simular items on the market. Just thought they were oversized to attach. But if it cost more to build them smaller that explains the current market size. Thank You all for the help. Again, sorry I was a bonehead the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back