Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless 12f675

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Hi guys first post dont know how to configure wireless connection this is what i have so far 12f675 reading analog signal GPIO,0 from strain gauge. Output from port GPIO,1 8 bits plus start bit connected to 16f676 porta,0 with wire reading value and lighting seven seg display working nice. But when trying wireless modules cant get it to work do i need pic with usart ? thanks

1/12f675 using for adc
2/16f676 for seven seg
3/assembly language
4/wireless modules serial UHF 434

Hi guys first post dont know how to configure wireless connection this is what i have so far 12f675 reading analog signal GPIO,0 from strain gauge. Output from port GPIO,1 8 bits plus start bit connected to 16f676 porta,0 with wire reading value and lighting seven seg display working nice. But when trying wireless modules cant get it to work do i need pic with usart ? thanks

1/12f675 using for adc
2/16f676 for seven seg
3/assembly language
4/wireless modules serial UHF 434

Generally you don't want a UART, as a software one works with no additional hardware - it's best to use Manshester coding as well.

thanks for the reply checked out your tutorials understand about pulses but dont know how to send or read them yet in assembly is there any other sample code you know of i need something simple. The way i did it before hard wired was time based start bit 7.5ms high 5ms low 2.5ms does this not work because of clock differences.
thanks

nigel i checked out tut some more dont know how to send info from my adc conversion into manchester coding routine,would you be able to help me with this tx and rx code as i am struggling bigtime (ps I came from derbyshire)
regards
bee

| would suggest you start in small blocks, and work from there.

First off, as you're using a small PIC, I would suggest you allocate an unused pin as RS232, add a MAX232 (as my tutorial), and practice sending data from the PIC to your PC. This is basically to give you easy debugging, as you can send output directly to the PC screen.

Then add A2D routines, and send the data out to the PC over RS232, again my tutorials include all the parts you need, but need very slight changes for the 12F675 due to it's limitations.

Once you've got all that working flawlessly, then you can start worrying about the RF side - first off decide how big your packets need to be, this depends if you're sending ASCII or binary data. Again, my tutorials provide all the bits you need, just a few changes, and 'stick' the different bits together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back