Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wired robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

emorosky

Ineed help "Hacking" a 40kHz ir receiver to provide an analog output so the modulation will be resistant to interference. I am tring to have a robot be autonomous , by measuring signal strengths between two receivers that will be two to three feet apart. Any ideas? Please help

emorosky said:
Ineed help "Hacking" a 40kHz ir receiver to provide an analog output so the modulation will be resistant to interference. I am tring to have a robot be autonomous , by measuring signal strengths between two receivers that will be two to three feet apart. Any ideas? Please help

There's nothing to hack, it's only a three pin device, so there's no access to anything else.

One clever method I have seen, is to use variable power on the transmitter - where the first bits are full power, but then you reduce power sequentially across a number of bits. Once the power drops below the required range of the receiver, the bit will read '0' instead of '1', in this way you can get an idication of the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back