Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wire suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

apl247

i have an accelerometer sensor on a breakout board. i need to solder wires to it, and connect it to my circuit on a breadboard. i am looking for more flexible wires that would allow for easier movement of the sensor, than the standard solid wires used with breadboard wiring.

what kind of wire should i use for this connection between sensor and breadboard? what are your suggestions and where can i buy the wires?

thanks.

Any old stranded wire will do for wires smaller than 20AWG. For wires that are 16AWG or larger the insulation becomes thick enough to affect flexibility a lot and you also want to start looking for silicone insulation for flexibility

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back