Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

winpic programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

hello

I'm trying to use Wolf Buscher's WinPIC to program some 16F737 (and later 767) pics.

After first finding my compiler was not setting the config fuses in their proper location in the hex file (which caused complete failure duing a verify), I am now able to flash and verify the code memory space A-OK

however, I cannot program the config memory space . Whatever value I may set in the hex file, the pic always reads back 3FFF

I found one bug in winpic's device.ini which indicated the 737 only had 1 config word, where it really has 2... so I don't get the error about more config words than supported.

memory addresses 0x2000-0x2003 fail - they read back as 000Fh (which i don't really care, they're just user defined junk) ... and 0x2007 and 0x2008 fail which are the two config words - they read back as 3FFFh

the programming hardware I'm using is a JDM style programmer... I know it's not 'ideal', but it's worked like a champ on a variety of other pics, 628A, 648A, 18F452, 630, etc

any suggestions or common experiences are appericated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back