Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WinPic programmer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

qratman

Hi All,

I'm building DL4YHF's ( www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/winpicpr.html - seems to not respond atmo ) WinPic programmer (Simple) now. The problem is that on the scema the PINs needed to program PIC are connected to 18 pin PIC. On the site, there is also shown adapter to program 8pin PICs. But where to connect wires if I need to program 40 pin chip (18f452 for example)?

Your link won't open here so i can't see your particular programmer but all you need to do is get the pic18f452 datasheet
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/08/39564b.pdf

Look at the pic18f452 pinout and search :

VSS = ground (there's 2 of them, both need to be connected)
VDD = +5V , VDD signal of the programmer (also 2 of these)
RB7/PGD = Programmer Data line
RB6/PGC = Programmer Clock line
~MCLR = Programmer VPP line

Since i have all the datasheets here i'll make it easy for you :)

Assuming you have PDIP pic's

RB7/PGData - 18pin pic , PIN 13 -> PIC18F452 , PIN 40
RB6/PCClock - 18pin pic , PIN 12 -> PIC 18F452, PIN 39
MCLR/VPP - 18pin pic, PIN 4 -> PIC 18F452, PIN 1
VSS - 18pin pic, PIN 5 -> PIC18F452, both pins 12 & 31
VDD - 18pin pic, PIN 14 -> PIC18F452, both pins 11 & 32

Welcome, btw

Ok, I see.

Thank you :)

Hi All,

I'm building DL4YHF's ( DL4YHF's WinPic - A PIC Programmer for Windows - seems to not respond atmo ) WinPic programmer (Simple) now. The problem is that on the scema the PINs needed to program PIC are connected to 18 pin PIC. On the site, there is also shown adapter to program 8pin PICs. But where to connect wires if I need to program 40 pin chip (18f452 for example)?

i want program 16f676 with WinPic programmer . but failed ,,,pl clear me pin out coneaction .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back