Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WININET.dll error message, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need4skis

hey there, i had someone update my operating system, and now im having big troubles with my computer. i get the error message: "This application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

then my current backround comes up and all i can do is press Ctrl, Alt, Delete to make taks manager appear, now i have no idea what to do to stop this problem and make my laptop functional, help anyone?! thanks

For a start how about mentioning what OS it was, and what OS it's supposedly been upgraded to.

from microsoft xp, to windows seven, i was trying to fix it for as friend but he is bringing it in to a tech guy, so i dont need to know anymore, thanks. but this thread can be closed

I tend not to bother fixing Windows errors like this because the system almost never seems to be the same as it was before the error.

I backup all my personal files to another hard drive and reinstall Windows and all the other applications. It's a pain and the whole process takes about a day but it always seems to be the most reliable solution.

There is some software which will allow to zip your hard drive and copy to tape/DVD, so you don't have to repeat the process of installing Windows every time it does down. I think it's Clonezilla but I'll do more research if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back