Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

This is strange.. I can't seem to find "c:\windows\installer" I noticed this when i was installing quicktime for win 7 .. I know I've not deleted this folder ...
Can some please help..

I'm running Win XP SP:2 on an AMD Athlon 64 m/c with 1GB RAM & 160 GB HDD

Last edited:
yeah there is.. I had Quickview 7 installed earlier.. now I want to remove it (& install a diff version .. which requires me to first remove the old one)

Reinstall a new version of quicktime overtop the old one, then remove it. Should recreate the folder. Otherwise, get the .msi of the current version that you have, right click it and hit repair. That should repair the folder structure.

Install Linux or buy a Mac.

srimannarayanakarthik said:
thts not a big deal.uninstall the previous version

hmm... check post #3 above.

anyways, try i the control panel, click "add & remove programs, then see if Quickview is still there, if so you can delete it by highlighting then clicking the change/remove button.

zevon8 said:
hmm... check post #3 above.

anyways, try i the control panel, click "add & remove programs, then see if Quickview is still there, if so you can delete it by highlighting then clicking the change/remove button.

I tried that ... and thats when it shows me the msg:"source file reqd file is missing.. c:\installer\.....msi file " and when I do this via uninistall option in the quicktime folder .. I get the msg " c:\installer\...msi not found ..make sure youu have acccess to c:\installer\....msi" I then checked it manually .. and the above folder in win direc was indeed missing ...

and where i exactly do i put this file .. ? its supposed to be inside the installer folder .. which is currently missing in my system (probably weent for a stroll and lost its way back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back