Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows 7 monitor power save glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
I got my main computer back a couple of weeks ago with windows 7 installed and it has a glitch in the power save mode. No matter what I set it to or do the automatic power save functions do not work. The main problem is the monitors will not power down at the predetermined time.

It wouldn't be a big deal but run a pair of NEC 32 inch LCD Monitors that draw about 180 watts each when they are on which adds up over a 24 hour period.

Any easy fixes for that?

Last edited:
Thanks. I read it but my brother is a computer tech and he can't find a rational reason for it either. It used to work just fine as its set up now when it was running XP Pro but now with the windows 7 this problem comes up.

We have been through the basics so far which the link you gave covered hence my reason for posting here.

I was hoping someone here would have similar experience and know what we should be looking for specifically.

Microsoft Forums / Solution

Might be a driver issue? Apparently this guy found out that the drivers to the usb mouse was messing things up. So, he used some Microsoft ones and that solved it.

Not clear enough here is the URL **broken link removed**

Attachments

• Power saver issue solved.JPG
    Power saver issue solved.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Thanks KV! The keyboard and mouse driver updates did the trick. :)

We never considered that Microsofts hardware and software might not be 100% compatible right out of the box. :eek:

Now I have mouse functions and keyboard buttons that actually do what the little pictures show for the first time ever! :D

Oh ya and the monitors actually shut off when they are supposed to now. :)

Thanks KV! The keyboard and mouse driver updates did the trick. :)

We never considered that Microsofts hardware and software might not be 100% compatible right out of the box. :eek:

Now I have mouse functions and keyboard buttons that actually do what the little pictures show for the first time ever! :D

Oh ya and the monitors actually shut off when they are supposed to now. :)

My pleasure. Sometimes I get lucky.

kv:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back