Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Window comparator for high/low temp indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceilingwalker

Good day all. I'm trying to build a simple window comparator circuit that will take an input from a 1kOhm RTD in a solution and when solution is under a specified temp or if the solution is over a specified temp, it will turn-on an LED. I've attached a sketch of what I have. My question is, how do I determine what value the two pots should be, to accomplish this? Thank you

Attachments

• windowcomparator.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 187
Forgot to add components, sorry: LM324N (quad opamp), 1M-Ohm pot (high temp reference), 10k-Ohm (low temp reference). Input is from a 1K-Ohm RTD sensor. Then the LED's with the current limiting resistors.
Thank you

Hi Ceilingwalker,

I don't see the temperature sensors connected.

Also please use paper with no printed squares on it for a clearer image.

Boncuk

this might help?

got curious as to best achieve this.
Played with different scenarios.
Not knowing what your temp sensor resistance then your going to have to jiggle the resistors values around.
not one of the op amps is reversed from the other.
this schematic should get you started but not complete.

Attachments

• temp comparator.PNG
    temp comparator.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 489
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back