Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Winding an inductor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

indecided

I have a project which required the following inductor to be wound; please reference the picture.

The bobbin and core pictured are a "Hitachi 30.48 E core and mating bobbin". I can't get this exact part OR any substitutes around my area, so what is the next best course of action?

Cripes, I forgot the picture. here it is.

Attachments

• L1_Construction.JPG
    L1_Construction.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 316
What is the inductor for? You could try using a toroid but I would need to know more about the itam you are building...........

Hitachi 30.48 E core
We do not have much information.
So it is Hitachi's 30mm EE core.
We do not know what type of core. What inductance. Where the saturation point is. The inductance/turned^2.
Some one probably robbed this core and bobbin from a CRT monitor and built some thing. He did not know any thing about the Core/bobbin.

Maybe if you post the entire circuit and we can reverse design it and try to guess how it works.

Sorry Ron, this is a twelve year old necro-thread which has been re-opened by a silly comment.
Thread locked.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back