Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wind Turbine Project Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkeygod

Hi I'm hoping someone can give a kind nudge in the right direction. Not asking for anyone to do any work for me, just looking for ideas for my fourth year project at university.

I want to do something with wind turbines that would make a good 6-month project, but not just the obvious 'build a turbine'. Perhaps something to do with control systems. Also it shouldn't involve a microchip - not because I don't want to code but the reasons for that would take too long to explain!

The interesting part of your post is why not use a microchip?

If you want to do something wind turbine related but not build a turbine or anything uC code related then you are running out of options.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio USA. To my north is Lake Erie which the city sits on the south shore of. I want to know if it is feasible to place several wind turbines in the lake about 10 miles off shore. The lake freezes over most winters. At 10 miles out how deep is the lake and how should I build the supports? Anything special since the lake surface freezes? I don't know if I have enough wind and I don't know what the winds aloft are. If I build a wind turbine how high should it be to work if it will work? How much will it cost me to build and maintain? If I build it what is the projected turn around for my investment?

Get the idea?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back