Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this circuit work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluluk

Greetings,
Currently, I'm designing a project to sort objects using AT89C52 as the "brain" and TCS230 as the "eye". And so, it is neccessary for me to connect the AT89C52 with the TCS230 colour sensor and stepper motors. And before doing the real thing, i must know the frequency range of the sensor, i use leds to show me that.

I designed this circuit which i'm not so sure about.
The plan is to receive digital pulse from TCS230 colour sensor (J3), do something with the pulse with AT89C52, and send some output (J1 and J2).
The output will be connected to board 2 or board 3.
Board 2 is for displaying the RGB value from the sensor, while board 3 is for driving a 6V stepper motor.
note that the red arrowheads on board3 is meant to be diodes.
I'm worrying about the voltages and the currents. I've added some resistors to the circuit, but i'm just not so sure about it.
Will the circuit work? Any suggestions?

Please forgive me if my english is not too good.
Thanks B4.

Attachments

• board1.jpg
    board1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 324
beluluk said:
Greetings,
Currently, I'm designing a project to sort objects using AT89C52 as the "brain" and TCS230 as the "eye". And so, it is neccessary for me to connect the AT89C52 with the TCS230 colour sensor and stepper motors. And before doing the real thing, i must know the frequency range of the sensor, i use leds to show me that.

I designed this circuit which i'm not so sure about.
The plan is to receive digital pulse from TCS230 colour sensor (J3), do something with the pulse with AT89C52, and send some output (J1 and J2).
The output will be connected to board 2 or board 3.
Board 2 is for displaying the RGB value from the sensor, while board 3 is for driving a 6V stepper motor.
note that the red arrowheads on board3 is meant to be diodes.
I'm worrying about the voltages and the currents. I've added some resistors to the circuit, but i'm just not so sure about it.
Will the circuit work? Any suggestions?

Please forgive me if my english is not too good.
Thanks B4.

Will it work? who knows! it looks like a programming project to me. What voltages & currents are you worried about specifically? The posted schematic is painful to look at.

If you are that worried about the voltages, you could use an optoisolator? I find them usefull. But then again, i am a newb

Optikon said:
Will it work? who knows! it looks like a programming project to me. What voltages & currents are you worried about specifically? The posted schematic is painful to look at.

Yes, it is a programming project, and i've done planning the programs. It just i'm not sure how to connect the microcontroller. I will use a transformator to convert voltage to 6V 1A, and i will use a L7805C-V to regulate power for the microcontroller and sensor (and that would be a Vcc). Is it safe to connect the output of the regulator directly to the microcontroller and sensor? I've added some resistors to limit currents.
I've heard that when ICs overpowered, for example, given voltage higher than 5.5V, it will burned out.
For the schematic, you could always zoom it, is it still unclear? if it is, i will try to repost the schematic.

Last edited:
6 volts to a 7805 is a tad low, but will probably work fine if it is a cheap wallwart.

Read the spec (datasheet) on the microcontroller. Some like 5.5, some (Atmel 1200A) will take 6 volts.

The datasheet for the detector is at www.taosinc.com or at least according to the people at Parallax who make the module you are trying to use. I couldn't see it there so it may or may not be in production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back