Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will somebody help me with my design problems??? :arghh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haziq Najee

I'm using Proteus 8. Some of the pins of my micro-controller which is an ATMega 8 are not showing and when I try to uncheck the ticks of the hidden column in the 'Package Device' interface accessed through right-click then, choosing packaging tool, the same message that Qaisar Azeemi had probably seen was shown which is 'The visibility of a pin can only be changed by editing the physical pin on the device',.

My question is, how do I get the ticks on the hidden box to be removed?

My second question is, how do I place a MAX667CPA component in Proteus? It isn't in the library. There is a MAX667 component but, it isn't for voltage regulation and I was planning to put the MAX667CPA for voltage regulation.

Please help me if you can. :(

On second thoughts, I'll leave your post here..

In the menu you will find "Configure Power Rails" If you place a voltage rail on the simulator and rename it, you can then adjust it's properties in that menu...

You are comparing a MAX667 with a MAX667CPA??? there will be no difference in the model.... In fact, the only difference is packaging and temp spec...

For the clarification on the MAX667CPA and MAX666, I thank you. I don't really fully understand but, I think I got the general rough idea.

But, on the topic of power rails... I don't get it. What are power rails? What is 'Configure Power Rails' for? Which part of proteus is the simulation part? and... lastly. I have another question. Can you review a circuit schematics for me? I didn't really try to read into microcontroller and IC that much so, I don't really get the principles behind microcontrollers and IC so, if I accidentally connected something wrong, sometimes I can't figure out what is wrong.

Post your project... I'll take a looksee...

Take a look at these two screenshots

Where.png

The menu is here

Capture.png

You can create any voltage level... Then make the new rail with the "configure" menu

I can't see your picture. It is too small. I'm sorry.

Here are the schematics that I had wanted you to review. There are three schematics consisting of a motor control circuit, a sensor circuit and the microcontroller circuit.

Above is the motor control circuit.

Above is the sensor circuit.

Lastly, this is the voltage regulator and microcontroller circuit.

I would like to know where the Vcc and GND would be connected if they're connected to a common terminal. Can I make a preliminary design then, send it to you. After that, would you correct the design and send it back to me? I might take some time because I'm totally new with Proteus. I used to use MultiSim but, I never really figured out how to use UltiBoard.

Thank you for you past advices. I'm grateful. I feel ashamed to have to ask for more of your help.

The pictures are thumbnails.... If you click them they expand!!!

If you want all the 5v to be common, you must name them all the same ie.. you have Vcc and 5v... this produces two nets.... rename all the common rails with the same label.

When I tried to 'configure power rails' nothing happens.

Also, could you check this out for me. I couldn't make all of the circuit. I'm so tired now. Well, anyway. It is from the microcontroller circuit schematic that I sent you. Could you tell me if it is correct or not?

upload_2014-6-1_4-44-3.png

The schematic that I made.

upload_2014-6-1_4-44-52.png

The PCB that I made.

upload_2014-6-1_4-45-55.png

The 3D view of the circuit that I made.

Thank you. Sorry. I'm to tired to comment any further on what I made.

Okay. Here are what I assumed from the schematics that I got from the web:

1) The output of the voltage regulator is connected to the micro-controller circuit as input at 3 points.
2) Pin 8, 20 & 22 is not visible in the schematics that I made but, they're connected in the PCB layout that I made.
3) The 'Top Copper' layer or the red line is going to be replaced by jumpers.
4) The biggest blue square on the PCB drawing will be used as the ground terminal for the circuit.

Can somebody please check my design for me. I have no idea if it is correct or not. Even so, I would probably still make a new one.

Thank you. Thank you so much. I would've liked to express 'I wouldn't mind it even if you didn't check.' but, I couldn't because you have been the best of help to me. Thank you SO much.

I just learned about pseudo-code and gate logic. I'll be making a pseudo-code for my customized robot and a line-follower robot after I've finished the PCB of the sensor circuit and motor controller circuit. In which afterwards, I'll only have to learn what programming language to use in accordance with the microprocessor that I'll be using and the general schematics or a clear view of the circuit that I'll be building.

Wow! I hope I'll be okay and I hope I can finish before the end of this week. I'll have to start working for two weeks after next week. Wish me luck. Thank you for the help. Please help me as you see fit and I'll ask for your help again if something else comes up.

Thank you SO much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back