Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krzysztow

Hi everybody,
I would like to know if this will work properly? I didn't wanted to add any capacitors as long as supply is DC and input voltage is slowly varying. I just wanted to make a voltage follower (2nd opamp). I used the first one to make virtual ground. I didn't just connect one battery to Ucc+ and the second to Ucc-, because my batteries are rechargable and I'm not sure if the voltage is exactly the same.
In future, if my signal is too small (less than 2V) I would like to amplify it changing second opamp circuit to inverting with amplification of 3 or 4.
Thanks for answers.
Regards.

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 142
Looks OK...and will work with an added op amp gain stage.

Ken

If you expect the input voltage to remain within +/- 6 volts peak then there is no reason why you cannot eliminate the mid-VCC buffer amp and simply use two batteries with their center connection at ground. Do not be afraid of having batteries at different voltages for your + and - supplies when using op amps because the op amp has an extremely high PSRR "power supply rejection ratio" as a result of using differential amplifiers. So the output will not be sensitive to power supply voltage with the exception that the maximum voltage swing available will track with the power supply voltage. By this I mean that if you have one battery at 8 volts and the other at 9.5 to give you +8/-9.5 volt supply, the only effect will be that the input and output linear range for you follower will stop at about +5/-6.5 V. Between these voltages the gain will be perfectly =1 in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back