Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wifi reciver

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitpj

he guys i wnt to build a wifi receiver so please if u have any info.. about this den help me guys...:)

I'm assuming this question has something to do with your previous thread.
I first suggest you check and see if your computer already has a built-in wireless receiver. You can do this by following these steps:
1) click on the "Start" menu at the bottom of your screen.
2) click on the "system" icon in the new window.
3) open the "hardware" tab at the top of the window.
4) click on the button that says "device manager".
5) click the "+" sign next to "network adapters".
6) You will probably find a short list of network adapters, including the "ethernet adapter". If there is one that says something like "wireless network adapter", then you already have a wireless receiver built into your computer.

It depends where you buy it from.

Here you can get a wifi receiver for about £8, so around 500 rupee? You'll have do go shopping and see.

Last edited:
I actually just bought a USB adapter from an indoor flea market for just $10 (roughly 445 Rupee). It all depends on where you buy it from, as Cowana said. You could also look for online stores that serve the area where you live.

wat will be cost of that in indian currency..

It doesn't really matter what exact cost it is, it's still MUCH cheaper than trying to build one and write your own Windows drivers for it.

I've got loads of unused PCI WiFi cards just lying about, I'm sure many people here have as well.

Oops! Sorry about the really long link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back